What We Believe
Welcome to the Overcomers Academy Church.
Some say, “is this a church or a school.?” Both! We have come to understand that the church was called to be more than just a “religious” experience, more than just a place of fellowship. The original mandate from God to
Gen. 1:28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion…
Jesus said it like this,
Matt. 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
We are to help people become students of the Word.
The Apostle Paul said it like this,
2 Timothy 2:1-7 You
The “church” is not a building but a people who are under Kingdom training for Kingdom living.
So our culture, our goals, and efforts
- We believe in one God— Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the first begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified and died, was buried and resurrected, ascended into heaven, is now seated at the right hand of God the Father, and is both true God and true man.
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
- We believe in divine healing through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and we believe that healing is included in the Redemption.
- We believe in water baptism, in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit, and in the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all of these are available to believers.
- We believe in the Christian’s hope: the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.